Treatment for Substance Abuse
Treatment for Substance Abuse
Seeking Treatment for Substance Abuse?
Convincing an addict to seek treatment can be one of the most challenging tasks anyone can undertake. It’s difficult for an addict to quit, and most addicts can’t do it on his or her own. A common obstacle we see at Crossroads is an addict’s denial that they have an addiction or they are unaware of the harm it causes.
An addict must decide that he or she wants to make a change- the first step in seeking treatment and recovery. Change doesn’t come easy for everyone, and finding the courage and strength to quit can be even harder. It’s important to promote change; change is possible with the right support and the right treatment programs.
Thinking about Change & Preparing for Change
We recently read an article from Help Guide on “Overcoming Addiction,” which we thought would be valuable to share. In the article it provides ways for an addict to think about change and to prepare for change.
Thinking about change:
- List the pros and cons of quitting, as well as the costs and benefits of continuing your substance use.
- Consider the things that are important to you, such as your partner, your kids, your career, or your health. How does your drug use affect those things?
- Talk it over with someone you trust.
- Ask yourself if there’s anything preventing you from changing. What are some things that could help you make the change?
Preparing for change:
- Remind yourself of the reasons you want to change.
- Think about your past attempts at quitting, if any. What worked? What didn’t?
- Set specific, measurable goals, such as a quit date or limits on your drug use.
- Remove reminders of your addiction from your home and workplace.
- Tell friends and family that you’re quitting and ask for their support.
- Seek out professional help if you can’t quit on your own.
The Benefits of Substance Abuse Treatment
A substance use treatment program provides the individual experiencing addiction with a new life of healing, hope and recovery. Choosing the right treatment program is a life-changing decision, which we understand at Crossroads. At Crossroads we want you to create a life of empowerment, maintain sobriety and achieve long-term healing and recovery from your addiction. You might also consider the potential financial savings of ending your substance use.
Treatment for Substance Abuse in Naples, Florida
Crossroads in Naples, Florida is a substance use treatment center that offers a full continuum of substance use treatment services for adults with substance use disorders. The services offered at Crossroads include inpatient detoxification, residential, intensive outpatient treatment, partial hospitalization and aftercare services provided by the David Lawrence Centers . Our treatment programs are designed to help you and your family understand the disease of addiction. We will teach you the skills needed to manage your recovery and live a balanced life. Get help today by calling (239) 354-1428 or you can send us a message!
Dec 03, 2014 | Blog