Fundraise for Hope
This is page:Fundraise for Hope
Fundraise for Hope is DLC’s community FUNdraising program that allows community members to raise funds and awareness for mental health and addiction recovery however they like. Our Fundraise for Hope participants take the lead in planning their own event, like participating in an endurance race, donating their birthday, and other fundraising ideas to support our mission. Decide what you like to do and turn it into a DLC fundraiser!
Why Join Fundraise for Hope?
- After your event, DLC may recognize you in our newsletter or on social media.
- When joining Fundraise for Hope you’ll have access to fundraising tools – online and offline. From our comprehensive fundraising guide to one-on-one support as you plan your event, we are here to help you succeed.
- Planning your own event is a great accomplishment for you that positively effects those in the mental health and addiction recovery community.
Fundraise for Hope Ideas:
- Casual Friday donation
- Car wash
- Facebook fundraiser
- Collect art supplies for art therapy
- Collect sweat shirts for inpatient units
- Purchase a brick in memory or in honor of someone special
Quick Facts to share in your fundraising and awareness efforts:
- 1 in 4 people suffer from mental illness
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death for teenagers in our nation
- There are 3,000 suicide attempts every day among 9th through 12th graders
- 2-3 children in every American classroom suffer from some type of social/emotional condition
- DLC is the only Baker Act Receiving Facility in Collier County with 30 crisis treatment beds. Studies show that for the Collier County population size there should be at least 100 treatment beds.
- In 10 years, the number of Collier County Sheriff’s Office Baker Acts has tripled from 500 to 1,500
- 84% of DLC services provided to clients are either covered by government-subsidized programs or have no coverage
- There are approximately 100+ inmates in Collier County Jail each day who have mental health issues and/or co-occurring substance use issues and are receiving psychiatric medication
If you are interested in learning more or have any questions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (239) 354-1445. You can also send an email, and one of our team members will contact you within 1-2 business days.
If you host a fundraiser, email email@example.com so we can recognize your efforts. Make sure to share your photos of your event or your group of colleagues and friends standing up to raise awareness for mental health!